Jan 29, 2017

What is recount text

Hello guys, how are you? do you still remember about recount text?

Its been so long since I don't post anything in this blog. This blog was created when I was in high school. At that time I didn't know what to write on the blog so I decided to improve my English by writing a different type of text in my blog. It was not easy, I must face so many critique that visitors wrote in the comment section.

Now, I am a collage student in University of Indonesia. Two days ago, I read this blog and I actually don't remember what is recount text and how can I write so many article on this blog. So, I decided to write again from the start "what is recount text?". Lets study together :D.

what is recount text

Recount is a text which retells events or experiences in the past. Its purpose is either to inform or to entertain the audience. There is no complication among the participants and that differentiates from narrative. (Self, n.d)
There is nothing complicated about recount text. I'm sure that everybody has his own experience, so everybody can make a recount text easily. So, if you want to create recount text, the first thing you need to do is trying to recall your experience that is pretty good to be wrote.

something that really important about recount text that you don't want to miss is that recount text have a structure (Self, n.d) :

Generic Structure of Recount text

1. Orientation: Introducing the participants, place and time
2. Events: Describing series of event that happened in the past
3. Reorientation: It is optional. Stating personal comment of the writer to the story


Language Feature of Recount text


• Introducing personal participant; I, my group, etc
• Using chronological connection; then, first, etc
• Using linking verb; was, were, saw, heard, etc
• Using action verb; look, go, change, etc
• Using simple past tense

That is guys hahaha. After six years, what can I do is just creating some bullshit about recount text to earn some money.


Reference :
 Self, Learning (n. d.) What is recount?. retrived from http://freeenglishcourse.info/what-is-recount/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Holidays at Bali 2017 (recount text)

Here i provide an example of recount text about holidays in Bali 2017 . Please guys read carefully and identify the general structure of thi...